Monday, August 25, 2014

T-12 days and counting...

And the countdown to vacation begins.  We leave in 12 days! 

We have a Travel Photography class this Thursday with our new camera, which should be fun - I've never actually been instructed in the ways of photography.  Maybe those Kenyan rhinos can look even bigger than they are in real life, as if they need that.  My friend Kristen has also volunteered to go hiking next week to do some sample photography!  Could this be the trip that we actually get over the hump of mostly mediocre photographs?  I mean, even our new camera is still "point and shoot", and neither of us have the patience for GOOD photographs, but we can certainly score a few with some instruction, right!?

As for the countries we will visit - ebola hasn't made it to Kenya and I sincerely hope it does not.  Jordan is staying calm despite the upheaval in bordering countries and I sincerely hope it continues to do so.  I haven't heard Cairo on the news either - bonus!

My more modest clothes are laid out, in preparation for the conservative culture of Jordan and Egypt.  Lots of cover-ups, scarfs, etc.  Despite it being over 100 in some areas, I will do my best to honor their culture and will not dine out in a tank top and shorts.  Speaking of dining out, I can't wait to sample Middle Eastern fare - I heart chickpeas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment