Friday, May 24, 2013

Early morning at the Rec Center

I have every other Friday off of work, and sometimes after I teach my 6am yoga class, I head to the rec center. I've come to the conclusion that what single twenty-somethings are to a "chain" gym, retirees are to the rec center early in the morning, at least in mine. I would estimate that 95% of clients before 8am are over 60.

Men mostly use the circuit machines (when they greet each other, they always shake hands) while the women are kicking it to the senior aerobics class. They socialize over the fly machine and talk in the hallways. It's a really quite a flurry of activity. I wonder, is it something akin to a senior singles mixer, or just a social occasion? What if a new person shows up? Are they like the new kid in class? Is there gossip? I don't know, but I wish I did. What I do know is that I think it's wonderful...I hope to be that active and motivated when I reach retirement!

My picture for today is the view I never get sick of from one of my favorite trail runs. Happy Long Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment