Monday, September 19, 2016

Across the country.

Yesterday we travelled 7 hours by car and 1.5 hours by ferry from Meteora to Kefalonia, one of the Ionian islands in the northwest of Greece. Of course, it's beautiful here, if not a bit cloudy and rainy today. I'm sitting on our patio listening to impending thunder as I write this. They're heading into the rainy season here and the past two days have seen some rain.  

This morning was very stormy so I lost to Tom shooting pool for about 12 games straight. Damn that man can shoot pool. I'm pretty decent myself, but come on!!  :)

We will spend today dodging storms, snorkeling right off shore, getting massages and who knows what else. There are walking paths near us, on the north part of the island that we hope to trek tomorrow or later today if the weather cooperates.

Some pictures from our travel day yesterday below. 

Pretty impressive bridge. The toll was about $15!!

Scooby snack anyone?

Tom, catching a few zzzs in the ferry. 
 
Kefalonia as we approached. 

The views of Ithaca, a neighboring island, from our drive on Kefalonia. 





1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! Wish I was on vacation again...Sam I am

    ReplyDelete