Tuesday, November 3, 2015

On the move.

The past few weeks have been SO BUSY.  I've been training for the Moab Trail Half Marathon, visited family in Michigan and Ohio and went to Seattle for a technical conference.  Sadly, my uncle Wayne passed away and the funeral happened while I was home. I was glad I could attend, and it was great to see my cousins, but a very sad day. 

The view from the house where I grew up. Wide open spaces, Ohio-style. 

Back home to Colorado and our final long run before the half, 12 miles on North Table Mountain with Susanne and Jitka.

Then it was onto Seattle for a fabulous technical conference - SQL Pass 2015. I met up with some old friends and made some great new ones. 

One of the great new friends, Mickey and I at the conference. Follow her on her blog at http://mickeystuewe.com.

The Pikes Market here always surprises me. After the often gray and rainy weather outside, where people move along "heads down", you enter a bustling market with tons of bright flowers, fruits and vegetables. Quite the contrast. 

Chilis outside the market:

Mushrooms, yum!

This weekend I'm on the move. Again. This time for the half marathon trail race in Moab. It's sure to have amazing views, challenging terrain and great friends. Who could ask for more?






No comments:

Post a Comment